– Health agencies, systems and a health home are among the new connections. –
ALBANY, N.Y. – Hixny connected four new healthcare organizations to the community-wide health information exchange (HIE) in July, further expanding the availability of patient records to the statewide healthcare community and to individual healthcare consumers.
The new connections are:
- AHI Health Home Care Management, a medical and behavioral health care coordinator serving the Adirondacks and the North Country
- Columbia County Department of Human Services, a behavioral health agency in the Hudson Valley
- The Grand Healthcare System, a group of Mohawk Valley skilled nursing facilities, including:
- Colonial Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- The Grand Rehabilitation & Nursing at Chittenango
- The Grand Rehabilitation & Nursing at Mohawk Valley
- The Grand Rehabilitation & Nursing at Rome
- The Eddy—St. Peter’s Health Partners, a senior services provider in the Capital District, including:
- Eddy Licensed Home Health Agency
- Community Hospice
- Certified Home Health Agency
- Community-Based Services (Eddy Health Alert VNRA)
AHI is contributing continuity of care documents. The remaining connections are contributing data using Consolidated-Clinical Document Architecture (C-CDA). This is the industry standard format for exchanging clinical information, including quantitative data such as lab results and qualitative data such as progress and imaging reports, consult and referral notes, and more.
Hixny is the nonprofit electronic health information exchange (HIE) serving residents and the healthcare community in New York’s 28 eastern counties north of New York City. Its secure technology allows people to contribute and use health records and the data they contain in real time, which improves consumers’ knowledge of their own records; ensures that providers have the details they need to provide high-quality care; and forms the foundation of effective population- and community-level health initiatives. Hixny is a nationally recognized leader in HIE technology innovation. To learn more, visit Hixny.org.