Real-Time Patient Data for the Healthcare CommunityWith the consent of patients, Hixny puts records from across NYS at your fingertips or into your electronic records system.
The Benefits of Joining Hixny
Most people receive care from multiple providers, coordinated through various organizations. Hixny is the means by which providers and organizations share this data to:
- Ensure access to the most complete patient information available from throughout the state of New York
- Coordinate care more efficiently and more effectively
- Improve quality of care and patient satisfaction
- Increase office and clinical workflow efficiency
- Satisfy federal requirements for the meaningful use of electronic health records and for the reporting of quality metrics through these systems
Hixny successfully completed NCQA’s Data Aggregator pilot program with a Validated with Exception status. This means Hixny can share data from approved sources with health plans, to be considered standard supplemental data for the purpose of HEDIS® MY 2020 reporting. You can view the verification status of data sources here.
Alternatively, if you are a provider who would like to work toward a “passing” status on primary source verification for HEDIS® MY 2021 reporting, Hixny can work with your staff to improve data quality and help position you to pass next year by providing mock primary source verification, assessing workflow and supporting quality improvement efforts. Please contact us to speak to our consultant about your specific situation.
Please note that Hixny must also go through an annual validation process and the current Validated with Exception status only applies to HEDIS® MY 2020 reporting.
What Your Peers Are Saying
Don’t take it from us. Your colleagues are experiencing significant enhancements in patient care by integrating Hixny’s secure, real-time data into their workflows. Watch Dr. Pauze’s story.
The availability of secure, real-time patient records at the point of care has been shown to:
- Speed up emergency department encounters
- Reduce redundant tests and procedures
- Avoid unnecessary imaging
- Provide more comprehensive data to inform diagnosis and treatment
- Increase care coordination in a variety of settings
- Reduce costs passed along to insurers and patients
The information available through Hixny is only as complete as the information provided to Hixny. That’s why it’s critically important for everyone in our region to participate—including hospitals, physicians and other health professionals, health plans, government agencies, employers and consumers—to make sure the whole community has real-time, accurate:
- Allergy, medication and immunization records
- Clinical documents and transcribed reports
- Diagnoses and procedures
- Discharge summaries and emergency department reports
- EKGs and other valuable test readings
- Encounter notes and problem lists
- Lab results and imaging reports
- Patient consent verification
- Provider participation depends on patients’ consent to access their records. It’s in your power to help healthcare consumers understand how their consent helps improve the care they receive.
Ask for Patient Consent
Provider participation depends on patients’ consent to access and view their records. It’s in your power to help healthcare consumers understand how their consent helps improve the care they receive.
When you complete your legal agreement and your participation with Hixny is finalized, you’ll receive customized consent forms for your practice or organization. During a patient’s first visit, or their first visit after you’ve partnered with Hixny, provide them with one of the forms to sign or provide them an electronic signature option.
Take a minute to view a sample consent form. In addition to English, we can prepare customized forms in Burmese, French (Canadian) or Spanish.
A quick explanation that their signature allows you to access and view records with their other providers electronically is usually sufficient to gain consent. In fact, 93 percent of adults who are asked for consent give consent, according to the results of a public opinion poll conducted by the Siena College Research Institute. It takes less than a minute.
Be sure to work with patients to update any information that may be incorrectly entered into their records. You might make this a normal part of your intake workflow, just like the standard medication check you already complete.
Remember that patients can also withdraw their consent for you to access and view their data through Hixny. You can review this sample non-hospital withdrawal of consent form or this sample hospital withdrawal of consent form.
Paying Attention to the
Hixny services help healthcare provider organizations better manage patient populations, also called population health. The goal is to
improve the health of a group of people by applying lessons learned from statistics and the analysis of health outcomes.
Hixny for Patients
Learn about the free, secure personal health dashboard available exclusively from Hixny.
Partners in Quality Care
Find out which providers, organizations and agencies are contributing and using Hixny data.
See the latest stories, healthcare developments and updates from Hixny.