Hixny is a safe, secure online system. We take the following steps to safeguard your information and protect your privacy:
- Hixny is governed by strict privacy and security policies regarding health information exchange. Many of the policies were developed by the New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC). NYeC is a partnership of health organizations and private sector companies organized by the New York State Department of Health.
- Your caregivers and their staff will not see your medical information unless you sign a Hixny Patient Consent form when you visit your healthcare provider, except in cases of medical emergency.
- Access to your information is limited to only the authorized medical professionals who provide your care.
- These providers have been sharing your information all along through paper files, faxes and telephone calls. Hixny makes this sharing process secure, faster, and more efficient.
- Hixny tracks every authorized professional who accesses information in our system. Periodic audits are conducted to ensure proper use of Hixny only by authorized professionals.
“People will realize that Hixny is a confidential system and their data is protected.”